Nominate an Entrepreneur to Speak at the Library
All Library locations will be closed on Saturday, July 4 in observance of Independence Day.
We want to hear from you! What local business owner has inspired you, uplifted your community, or provided a model for doing business? The Kansas City Public Library is hosting a series of public conversations with entrepreneurs who have made KC a better place to do business – and to live. We want your input.
Named for a landmark 2004 address by Kauffman Foundation president Carl Schramm, the Cradle of Entrepreneurs series emphasizes the role of the entrepreneur in making Kansas City great. In each event, Library Director Crosby Kemper III conducts a live interview and Q&A session with a local business exemplar.
So far, Crosby has spoken with Gail Lozoff, owner of SPIN! Pizza, and John McDonald, founder of Boulevard Brewing Co. (Click their names to read re-caps of the events, which drew a combined audience of 655 people.)
Upcoming Cradle of Entrepreneurs events include:
- October 11: Mary Carol Garrity of Nell Hill’s – Central Library, 6:30 p.m.
- November 15: Danny O’Neill of The Roasterie – Plaza Branch, 7:30 a.m.
- November 16: Ollie Gates of Gates Bar-B-Q – Central Library, 6:30 p.m.
But we’re still looking to book more great entrepreneurs – and that’s where you come in.
Tell us which Kansas City business owner you want to see featured in our Cradle of Entrepreneurs series. From seasoned veterans to young upstarts, we’re interested in all comers. It takes all kinds of entrepreneurs, after all, to build a community.
Here’s how to nominate an entrepreneur
- Post a comment on this blog entry in the space provided below. (Note: If you post outside of regular business hours, it may take until the next morning for your comment to appear.)
- Write your nomination on our Facebook wall. (And be sure to “like” the Library to stay in touch with the conversation.)
- Tweet your nomination to @KCLibrary. (Don’t forget to follow us, too!)
The virtual floor is open, Kansas City. Who will you place on the stage?
Video: Cradle of Entrepreneurs conversation with John McDonald.
-- Jason Harper