Check Out & Renew materials
All Library locations will be closed on Monday, May 25 in observance of Memorial Day.
Check out limits
- Total # of Items - 75
- DVDs - 10
- Music Compact Discs - 30
|Item||Loan Period||Late Fee (per day) *|
|Books - Circulating Collection||21 days||$0.10|
|Books - New & Notable Collection||14 days||$0.10|
|DVDs - Movies & TV||7 days||$1.00|
|Graphic Novels||21 days||$0.10|
* For full terms & conditions of late fees – including maximum fines – see Overdue Materials below.
Items may be renewed 24 hours a day in two ways:
1. Library Catalog:
Login to My Account and enter your Library Card and PIN. On the Checkouts tab on your account page, click on the Renew button next to the item you wish to renew.
2. Call 816-221-RENU (816-221-7368):
The automated system will ask for your library card number. Enter the 13-digit number under the barcode on your library card followed by the pound sign (#). Then you must enter the barcode number for each item you want renewed, followed by the pound sign. Customers that prefer to speak to a circulation assistant may call 816-701-3449 or their branch library to renew materials during regular library hours.
- Materials may be renewed up to five times except when there are other requests for the material.
- All DVD checkouts are limited to one week with no renewals.
- Materials borrowed through Interlibrary Loan MUST be renewed through the Interlibrary Loan office.
Place a Hold
Once you find the item that you want in our Library Catalog, click the Place Hold button next to it and follow the steps.
Patrons are limited to 100 active hold requests at one time
Pick Up a Hold
You'll be notified by email or telephone when the item is ready for you to pick up, based on your indicated preference.
Holds are placed on a dedicated shelf at each location. Each item is marked with a removable sticker displaying your initials and the last four (4) digits of your library card number. Held items are alphabetized according to the first letter on the sticker.
You have 7 days to pick up an item once it becomes available. If you need to change the pickup location, just give us a call at 816-701-3400 and ask us to change the location for you.
The following late fees apply for overdue materials:
- Adult & Juvenile materials (with the exception of DVDs) accrue a 10¢ fine per item each day overdue, to a maximum fine of $2.00 per item.
- DVDs accrue a $1.00 fine per item each day overdue, to a maximum fine of $3.00 per item.
Fines are charged on all items for each day overdue. Customers may continue to check out materials until fines total $30.00.
Overdue materials may be renewed, but the usual fines will still apply.
Materials are overdue if not returned or renewed by the due date. Items renewed by phone on the automated system must be renewed before midnight on the date due to avoid accruing fines. Items returned to the library in the bookdrop must be returned before the library opens the next day.