When considering a career, one practical question most people have is, "What will I be paid?" Salaries for the same job vary by region of the country. These websites provide information about salaries for positions both locally and nationally:
- Salaries of State of Missouri employees: Available via Chapter 10 (Personnel) of the Official Manual of the State of Missouri
- Salaries of State of Kansas employees: Available via Kansas City Business Journal and Wichita Business Journal
- Wages by Area and Occupation: Available via Bureau of Labor Statistics; provides national and local wage information
- Glassdoor: A website with job listings, company reviews, and salaries
- NACE Salary Calculator Center: An easy salary analysis tool
Also check the Library's catalog under the subject headings "Wages," and "Professional employees - Salaries, etc." for books about salaries. Here are a few to get started:
Knowing Your Value: Women, Money, and Getting What You're Worth. 2010. Call number: 650.12 B91K 2011.
Wages and Hours: An Employer's Guide. 2010. Call number: 658.32 W131 2010.
For additional information, contact an H&R Block Business & Career Center librarian by phone, 816.701.3717, or by e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org.