Educator's Resources: Services at the Library
All Library locations will close at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 18 for a staff development event.
Combine a tour of any Library branch with one of our other services:
- Story Time
- Book Talks
- Database Training
- Library Card Creation & Check-Outs
(Available only at Central Library downtown and the Plaza Branch)
See where different types of books, movies, and music are kept.
Hear some of the history of the Library that you are touring.
Learn other unique features and offerings of the building.
Kansas City History Tour and Storytelling Experience
(Available only at Central Library downtown)
The Kansas City Public Library brings to life our local history for 5th grade students. This includes a tour and an interactive experience to personalize what students see.
For any of the Kansas City Public Schools (MO), we provide transportation thanks to a generous grant from Target.
Program design supports student learning using Common Core 5th grade Language Arts guidelines:
- Introduces 5th grade students to library resources.
- Emphasizes local history.
- Includes an interactive tour of the beautiful and historic downtown Central Library building.
- Engages and motivates students to personalize their learning.
- Provides printed materials that educators can use for in-class follow-up of program.
To register, please fill out this form.