Educator's Resources: Services for Classes
These services can be provided either in school, in homeschool groups (minimum attendance required: ask your Library branch for details), or at a Library branch of your choosing.
We share books, songs, finger-plays, and rhymes with your students.
If you would like the storytime centered around a particular topic, we will be glad to accommodate you.
We used research-based methods so that our storytimes.
- Build early literacy skills.
- Appeal to many different learning styles.
We give your students teasers for a variety of books.
We have select Books to Give titles to book-talk and give away for students to own.
This is a terrific option to interest older students.
We demonstrate the uses of one or multiple databases that you can access with your Library card.
We provide demonstrations for classes, groups of homeschoolers, and groups of educators.
We recommend which databases to use for a specific project or information need.
We recommend trusted websites for a specific project or information need.
When students use search engines, we suggest queries to find the most relevant information.
We present to students or provide you with materials that:
- Show how some information is more relevant, timely, and trusted than other information.
- Teach how to determine if sources are authoritative and if the information that they contain is valid and current.
- Explain why this is important.