Kansas City stories
All Library locations will close at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, December 24 and remain closed on Thursday, December 25 in observance of the Christmas holiday.
There are a thousand stories in any city waiting to be told. These eight reminiscences written by Kansas Citians begin our quest for some of these stories.
This sampling comes from participants in the Kansas City Stories project, Spring 2008, where they learned how to craft their memories into true stories by professional writer and writing coach Michael Humphrey.
Visit our KC Stories page often to read new additions.
- A Ride on the Dinky by Marcia Bockelman
- A View of History from the Front Porch by Carol Williams
- Baseball by Mark Bureman
- Kansas City Homecoming by Linda Bureman
- Life in "Good Ol' KC" by Geneva Morris
- The Country Club Dairy and Rockhurst High School by Kevin Gratton
- The Ken-L-Ration Dog Show at the Westport Shopping Center by Betty Ruth Marxsen
- The Park Barn by Mary Francis Herrington