What kind of help does the library have for homework, tutoring, and for exams like the GED, ESL, citizenship, GRE, ASVAB, etc.?
The Kansas City Public Library has access to many great tests, like the GED, ESL, GRE, citizenship tests, and more through Learning Express Library . This online resource provides practice tests and tutorials designed to help library customers succeed on the academic or licensing tests they must pass. You'll get immediate scoring, complete answer explanations, and an individualized analysis of your results.
How to start using Learning Express Library :
- Go to the Learning Express Library  site
- Click New User (if you've used it before, click Returning User)
- Create a username and a password, and click Continue
- Click Continue again on the Registration Summary page
- You're ready to go! Now choose a subject on the subject list to view text preparation materials available for that category. For example, if you want to check out information on the GED test, scroll down to the GED listing, and click the GED Practice Tests link
- Next, choose a test on the Available Products page. You'll see a list of tests appear (Language Arts Reading, Language Arts Writing, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies tests), and you have to click one of them. You can click either the highlighted title of the test - this gives you a detailed description of that test.
- To take the test, click the Practice Now! button
- On the next screen, click the blue Start button to start the test
- The next page provides you with test instructions. Read over them, then click the blue Start button
- Now you're taking the test! Good luck!
If you would like to check out a book with practice tests from the library, there are many found in the Library's collection. They cover both academic and career material, such as GED, GRE, ASVAB, TOEFL, nursing, postal, civil service, ACT and SAT. You can easily find practice test books by searching on a phrase containing the test you’re interested in and “test”. Example: GRE test