There are many ways to ask a question at our library!
- In-Person: Go to the nearest circulation, information, or reference desk and ask a librarian.
- Help Phones: Pick up one of the Help Phones on the 1st, 3rd and 4th and floors of Central Library. They connect to the nearest Service Desk (and no, they don't make outside calls other than 911).
- Chat: Use the online chat service, AskNow!  The service is available Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm. To start, click the ChatNow button, and then follow the simple directions.
- Email: Email us by filling out our Ask A Librarian  form. We'll get back to you within 48 hours (excluding holidays and weekends).
- Telephone: Call us at 816-701-3433. Telephone reference is available Monday - Wednesday 9am - 9pm; Thursday 9am - 6pm; Friday - 9am - 5pm; Saturday 10am - 5pm; and Sunday 1pm - 5pm.
- Write Us: You can write us a letter asking a question - just mail it to: Kansas City Public Library, ATTN: Reference, 14 West 10th Street, Kansas City MO 64105.
Remember, when in doubt - ask a librarian for help!