During that time, staff will put more than 5,000 new books, DVDs, and CDs into the branch’s collection, add new furniture to the children’s area and meetings rooms, and install 32 new computers. All areas are being freshly painted and carpeted.
During the closure, patrons should note:
- No programs will be held at the branch.
- Meeting rooms will not be available for use.
- The outside book return depository will remain available. Items also can be returned to other Kansas City Public Library locations.
- Patrons can pick up items on hold at the L.H. Bluford Branch, a nine-minute drive away at 3050 Prospect.
- Phone calls to the Southeast Branch will be routed to the downtown Central Library.