How to know if an audiobook is having an impact on you:
1. You start talking with an accent that mirrors the characters.
2. You start thinking in an accent that mirrors the characters.
3. You feel sad to know that the book will end.
4. Even though you know the book will end, you keep listening at odd times just to learn what will happen next.
4. You recommend the book to all of your friends who are real people.
5. After the story, not having the characters in your life feels like losing friends.
6. You write fan fiction as you imagine what else might happen.
With messages everywhere, teens can take back power by making their own voices heard. It is impossible to go through the day without consuming information. In fact, there is so much competing for our attention that it can be dizzying. In 2014, spending on advertising in the United States was $180.1 billion.
Think of it as an early holiday present.
We are working to make our DVD collection more accessible by removing the $1 fee for feature films and limiting all DVD checkouts to one week with no renewals. The changes took effect on Friday, December 5, 2014.
Join youth across the world for the Hour of Code during Computer Science Education Week,
December 8 - 14, 2014.
More than 15 million students in 170 countries learned some computer coding during last year’s event. This year, the goal is to reach 100 million worldwide participants.
Want to get involved?
Get all the info here!