Using the Proquest database
ProQuest offers full text magazine and newspaper listings on a variety of subjects. Try finding information by keyword searching for your subject in the ProQuest database. Here are some suggested search tips:
- Use "quotation marks" to search for exact phrases.
- 2-word queries (such as circus elephant) are searched as an exact phrase by default.
- 3-word queries (such as new york orchestra) are searched as words that need to appear in proximity to each other by default.
- AND Find all the words. Example: internet AND education
- AND NOT Find documents which have the first word, but not the second word. Example: Internet AND NOT html
- OR Find any of the words. Example: Internet OR intranet
For more assistance contact the reference desk at 816-701-3433.
A note about our Library databases. If you are accessing them (from outside the Library, you will be asked to login with your Library card number and PIN. Upon validation, you will be returned to the database you are searching. If you require assistance, or if you have questions, please Ask a Librarian.