You applied for a job and now a hiring manager wants to schedule an interview. Feeling nervous and unprepared? Brush up on your interview skills with an online coach or watch tutorials for tips on how to make a lasting impression on your big day. Relax, you've got this!
ONLINE LIBRARY RESOURCES
Library card & PIN required. No KCPL library card? No worries—sign up for an eCard to gain immediate access to our online resources.
- JobNow: Practice makes perfect. Get advice and tips from a live interview coach (2 PM-11 PM CST Mon-Sun only).
- Lynda.com: Experts in hiring give you the inside scoop on how to go from good to great and ace any interview question in these video tutorials.
- Learning Express Library: Login and search for the "Job Interviews that get you hired" e-book for practical tips and tricks.
- Universal Class: This self-paced online learning resource offers tutorials, short assignments, and quizzes that are reviewed by instructors. Check out the course "Interview Skills" if you want to learn some tips and tricks of mastering an interview.
RECOMMENDED WEB RESOURCES
- Ask A Manager is a great blog to check out for advice on all things related to finding a job/career: resumes, cover letter, interviewing, job offers, and more.
Are you more of a reader or audio listener? Don't worry, we've got you covered! Check out this curated list of popular interviewing books and audiobooks you can borrow with your library card.
VIDEO INTERVIEWING @ THE LIBRARY
We have a mobile computer station equipped for online video interviews and quiet study areas where you can plug in and put on your best interview face. Send us an email or call 816-701-3717 to schedule a time to use the computer. We suggest you arrive sufficiently early to get set-up and make sure everything is working properly. Ask us if you have questions.