Data and Research Analyst
Reporting to the Assistant Director / Chief Operating Officer, the Data and Research Analyst is the lead data analyst who provides insightful analysis on the library’s various metrics, qualitative and quantitative, and works with the Assistant Director and internal stakeholders to make actionable, analytic analysis and reporting.
This is a full-time exempt position. The starting salary is $49,000 to $65,000 depending on qualifications plus excellent benefits. This position is open until filled.
- Develops and governs our data and information analytics strategy in order to drive business decisions and growth. Responsible for the What and How when it comes to the collection, storage, management, quality, and protection of data, in support of governance and strategy for the Library.
- Informs and shapes the survey culture for patron service satisfaction by overseeing design, build, and end analysis and leads, motivates, and manages by peer-influence people close to data in departments across the organization.
- Helps with grant applications requiring contextual data either in making a case or proving efficacy and fulfills ad hoc data requests by management level employees, working in collaboration with the Automation Librarian.
- Designs and manages deliverable content for executive leadership, working cooperatively with the Automation Librarian in producing this content on a recurring basis to disseminate monthly statistics for use by the Board of Trustees and internal stakeholders to support strategic goals.
- Gathers, analyzes, and relates data from industry-standard demographics and research information to ensure appropriate Library response to community needs.
- Working cooperatively with Automation Librarian gathers and prepares the Library’s annual statistics for submission to the Missouri State Library and to the Public Library Association and completes other state, federal, and professional surveys on behalf of the Library as requested.
- Create data visualizations and dashboards to help promote focus on our strategic goals, piloting and testing content, integrating changes and updates to continuously improve.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of information and distill it into narrative points that are easily communicable.
- Experience in providing strategic, outcome-based data analysis which demonstrates understanding of big picture goals while connecting dots to the individual data elements in a government or non-profit industry is preferred.
- Proficiency in data visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, and a demonstrated proficiency of SQL queries, preferably with experience in establishing cloud repositories for use with data modeling development.
- Ability to present information to all levels of staff, from senior management to service-facing workers.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Organizational and time management skills, with the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills, including listening skills.
- Minimum requirements include a bachelor’s degree in social science, statistic, or other related field with at least 3 years of experience in data analysis, quantitative research methods or statistical analysis; or an equivalent level of working experience in relevant fields and positions. A Master’s Degree in social science, statistics, or another related field is a plus.
Please apply for this position through our web application system. We will only be accepting applications submitted through this system. If you are chosen for an interview, the hiring team will reach out to you directly. Once the position is filled, other applicants will receive an email from us. Please note that we cannot respond to requests for application status and generally do not provide interim updates to applicants.
Kansas City Public Library is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.