Evening and Weekend Associate - Southeast
· Reports to the Southeast Branch Manager
· 20 hours per week
· $17.98 per hour
· Position open until filled
Mon 3pm – 7pm
Tue 3pm – 7pm
Sat 8:30am – 5pm
Sun 10:30am to 5pm
· Provide reference, information, community referral, readers advisory, ILL and other basic library services to customers in person and by telephone
· Participate in collection maintenance
· May maintain branch operations in absence of the Manager
· Ability to meet and serve the public, working effectively with patrons of all ages.
· Demonstrate ability to learn library operations, services and policies, including computer procedures.
· Must be able to work at a counter used for customer interactions.
· Many duties are performed while standing and bending; ability to lift up to 30 lbs. Working environment may at times be dusty and noisy.
· Ability to speak and understand English is required. Additional consideration may be given to individuals that are fluent in any non-English languages spoken in the Kansas City area including Somali, Swahili, Spanish, Arabic, French, Dari, Pashto, and Vietnamese.
· Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree and experience working in a computer lab setting. This requirement may also be met by an equivalent combination of education, work experience, and life experience.
Please apply for this position through our web application system. We will only be accepting applications submitted through this system. If you are chosen for an interview, the hiring team will reach out to you directly. Once the position is filled, other applicants will receive an email from us. Please note that we cannot respond to requests for application status and generally do not provide interim updates to applicants.
Kansas City Public Library is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.