Kansas City Digital Media Lab Facilitator
Please apply for this position through our web application system. We will only be accepting applications submitted through this system. If you are chosen for an interview, the hiring team will reach out to you directly. Once the position is filled, other applicants will receive an email from us. Please note that we cannot respond to requests for application status and generally do not provide interim updates to applicants.
- Reports to KCDML Lead Facilitator
- 40 hours per week
- $17.80 per hour plus excellent benefits
- Position is open until filled
- The Kansas City Digital Media Lab (KCDML) is a drop-in out-of-school creation space for youth ages 12-18
- Responsible for coordinating and implementing engaging learning activities both in the lab and through outreach opportunities.
- Builds positive and appropriate relationships with youth participants and continues to develop their skill-sets by creating and making in the lab.
- Works with KCDML staff to insure the development and continuity of high quality programming for teens.
- Help to expand effective community partnerships.
- Must be able to commit to a Wednesday-Sunday work schedule.
- At least two years experience working with middle and high school aged students, of which one year had to be in a nontraditional/informal learning environment.
- Demonstrated ability to create hands-on, interactive programming with teenagers.
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, plan ahead, anticipate and articulate program needs, and work independently while keeping open communication and providing status reports.
- Ability to experiment with new technologies, and the capacity to adapt them and teach them to others.
- Monitors trends in popular culture, digital media, and maker culture, and tracks best practices in youth development.
- Ability to create a safe, inclusive, and supportive environment for youth and mentors.
- Ability to work with diverse populations (i.e. age, race, gender, class, sexual orientation, ethnicity)
- Reliable transportation to get to KCDML at the Southeast Branch (6242 Swope Parkway), as well as other meetings and/or outreach events.
- Minimum qualifications include Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Wed 11-7pm
- Thu 11-7pm
- Fri 10-6pm
- Sat 9-5pm
- Sun 11-5pm
How to Apply
Please apply for this position through our web application system. Kansas City Public Library is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.