Kansas City Digital Media Lab Facilitator
Please apply for this position through our web application system. We will only be accepting applications submitted through this system. If you are chosen for an interview, the hiring team will reach out to you directly. Once the position is filled, other applicants will receive an email from us. Please note that we cannot respond to requests for application status and generally do not provide interim updates to applicants.
· Reports to KCDML Lead Facilitator
· 20 hours per week
· Salary: $17.80 per hour
· Position is open until filled.
The Kansas City Digital Media Lab (KCDML) is a drop-in out-of-school learning environment for youth ages 12-18. The programmatic emphasis in the lab is on digital media (audio and video production, photography, graphic design, podcasting, and animation) and maker activities (3D design, robotics, and hands-on building).
What You'd Do
· Coordinate and implement engaging learning activities both in the lab and through outreach opportunities.
· Build positive and appropriate relationships with youth participants.
· Continue to develop your skill-sets by creating and making in the lab.
· Work with KCDML staff to insure the development and continuity of high quality programming for teens.
What You Need
· The KCDML Facilitator needs a high level of enthusiasm and a unique combination of people skills and technology skills.
· Intermediate skill level within one of the following areas: visual arts, video production, design, making; ability to operate site-specific equipment including, but not limited to, desk and laptop computers (PC and Mac), tablets, photography and video making equipment, music-making tools and software, maker equipment (i.e. 3D printers, vinyl cutters, Arduinos, etc.).
· History of working in non-traditional learning settings.
· Experience working with diverse populations (i.e. age, gender, class, sexual orientation, ethnicity).
· The successful candidate will have an Associate in media production, arts, education, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
· Minimum of two years working with middle and high school aged students.
· Must have reliable transportation to get to KCDML at the Southeast Branch (6242 Swope Parkway), as well as other meetings and outreach events.
Please apply for this position through our web application system. Kansas City Public Library is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.