Library Assistant - Ruiz
Please apply for this position through our web application system. We will only be accepting applications submitted through this system. If you are chosen for an interview, the hiring team will reach out to you directly. Once the position is filled, other applicants will receive an email from us. Please note that we cannot respond to requests for application status and generally do not provide interim updates to applicants.
• Reports to Westport Branch Manager or designee
• Each position is 24 hours per week
• $13.19 per hour/year
• Position is open until filled
• Provides basic circulation and registration services to assure patrons ready access to library materials: Checks materials in and out; issues library cards; collects money on account charges; updates customer records in the database; verbally explains circulation policies and procedures; makes other computer inquiries; and processes patron requests for reserve items.
• Assists patrons with use of library databases, computer equipment, and software.
• Transfers materials; which may weigh up 30 pounds, to and from book bins and shelves.
• Processes patrons’ request material; prepares and sends Interlibrary Loan requests.
• Provides patrons with reader’s advisory assistance.
• Undertake special projects as assigned.
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
• Work cooperatively with others.
• Work in an environment that may be dusty at times.
• Comply with all Library policies and procedures.
• Demonstrate ability to meet and serve the public, working effectively with patrons of all ages.
• Demonstrate ability to learn library operations, services and policies, including computer procedures.
• Use decision making skills to reflect values based principles.
• Demonstrate ability to organize daily work routines for location effectively.
• Demonstrate ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with colleagues and the public.
• Demonstrate ability to access materials from shelves which may be over head or those which may be below waist level. Must be able to work at a counter used for customer interactions.
• Many duties are performed while standing and bending; ability to lift up to 30 lbs. Working environment may at dimes be dusty and noisy.
• Demonstrate basic computer skills with a willingness to learn and keep current with emerging technologies.
• Demonstrate ability to follow oral and/or written instructions.
• Should be eligible to process United States Passport applications.
• Minimum requirements include high school diploma or equivalent.
- Monday 1pm - 7pm;
- Wednesday 3pm - 7pm;
- Thursday 1pm - 7pm;
Saturday 8:30am - 5pm
How to Apply
Please apply for this position through our web application system. Kansas City Public Library is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees