Readers Services Assistant
Please apply for this position through our web application system. We will only be accepting applications submitted through this system. If you are chosen for an interview, the hiring team will reach out to you directly. Once the position is filled, other applicants will receive an email from us. Please note that we cannot respond to requests for application status and generally do not provide interim updates to applicants.
· This employee will work at Central Library and Annex under the direction of the Readers’ Services Director.
· 16 hours per week
· Salary: $13.19 per hour
· Position is open until filled
· Circulation and registration services for KCPL sponsored and community supported book groups.
· Respond to phone and email inquiries regarding book groups.
· Communicate with KCPL sponsored and community supported book group via phone, email, in person.
· Provide book group leaders/members with readers’ advisory assistance.
· Transfer book group bags, which may weigh up to 30 pounds, to and from book bins and shelves.
· Maintain book group bag collection for easy access.
· Monitor online listing of book group bags for currency and accuracy.
· Monitor online listing of KCPL sponsored and community supported book groups for currency and accuracy.
· Maintain schedule for KCPL sponsored and community supported book groups for efficiency.
· Assist with book group collection research as assigned.
· Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
· Work cooperatively with others.
· Work in an environment that may be dusty at times
· Comply with all Library policies and procedures.
· Demonstrate ability to meet and serve the public, working effectively with patrons of all ages.
· Demonstrate ability to learn library operations, services and policies, including computer procedures.
· Use decision making skills to reflect values-based principles.
· Demonstrate ability to organize daily work routines for location effectively.
· Demonstrate ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with colleagues and the public.
· Some duties are performed while standing and bending; ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
· Demonstrate basic computer skills with a willingness to learn and keep current with emerging technologies.
· Demonstrate ability to follow oral and/or written instructions.
*Open to flexibility
How to Apply
Please apply for this position through our web application system. Kansas City Public Library is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.