Sr. Library Assistant - Plaza
Please apply for this position through our web application system. We will only be accepting applications submitted through this system. If you are chosen for an interview, the hiring team will reach out to you directly. Once the position is filled, other applicants will receive an email from us. Please note that we cannot respond to requests for application status and generally do not provide interim updates to applicants.
• Reports to Plaza Assistant Branch Manager
• 40 hours per week
• $15.65 per hour plus excellent benefits
• Position is open until filled
• Provides basic reference, circulation, information, community referral, and other basic library services to customers of all ages in person and by telephone.
• Provides patrons with reader’s advisory assistance.
• Instructs customers in the use of library resources including computer equipment.
• Recommends and retrieves materials in support of customer requests.
• Participates in collection development and maintenance.
• Undertakes special projects as assigned
• Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to meet and serve the public, working effectively with patrons of all ages.
• Demonstrate ability to learn library operations, services and policies, including computer procedures.
• Intermediate computer skills
• Demonstrate ability to follow oral and/or written instructions
• Ability to organize work effectively
• Demonstrate ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with colleagues and the public
• Must be able to work at a counter used for customer interactions.
• Many duties are performed while standing and bending; ability to lift up to 30 lbs. Working environment may at times be dusty and noisy.
• Minimum qualifications include a high school diploma or equivalent plus two years post-secondary education and relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply
Please apply for this position through our web application system. Kansas City Public Library is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.