Tech Access Programming Coordinator
Coordinates Tech Access digital literacy programs and services for patrons, including the supervision of Tech Coach volunteers for patrons.
Other Things You Should Know
This is a full-time exempt position. Starting salary range DOQ at $45,706 plus excellent benefits. Position open until filled. Kansas City Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.
Reporting to the Strategic Initiatives Manager, the duties of this position include:
- Monitors Tech Access Hotline and schedules classes, learning circles, and drop-in sessions to provide digital literacy training and assistance for patrons at library branches, ensuring volunteers coaches are prepared.
- Ensures Tech Access programs and services are updated and accurately reflect all promotional channels.
- Maintains Tech Coach Volunteer records in Volgistics, including logs of volunteer applicant checklist, background checks, service milestone awards, birthday and anniversary cards, etc
- Collaborates across library departments to plan and host an annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of Tech Access program budgets and grant proposals. Prepares reports including patron, volunteers, and interaction data points
The requirements of this position include:
- Demonstrates ability to manage and coordinate administrative functions and projects meeting deadlines and adhering to parameters with minimal supervision
- Enjoys engaging underserved or low-income adult populations and proactively building relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including advanced writing, and proofreading skills.
- Advanced software skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office 365, Volgistics and Google and operating systems including, Windows, IOS, Android, Chrome and Linux.
- Experience with budgeting and asset management.
- Ability to speak and understand English is required. Additional consideration may be given to individuals that are fluent in any non-English languages spoken in the Kansas City area including Somali, Swahili, Spanish, Arabic, French, Dari, Pashto, and Vietnamese.
- Minimum qualifications will be met through a combination of education, work, and life experience.
Please apply for this position through our web application system. We will only be accepting applications submitted through this system. If you are chosen for an interview, the hiring team will reach out to you directly. Once the position is filled, other applicants will receive an email from us. Please note that we cannot respond to requests for application status and generally do not provide interim updates to applicants.
Kansas City Public Library is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.