FREE Tax Preparation
Walk-ins only. The first to arrive will fill the available slots for the day at each location.
Mondays starting at 10:00 a.m.
*Library Closed President's Day, February 19
Tuesdays starting at 12:00 p.m.
Wednesdays starting at 10:00 a.m.
Thursdays starting at 10:00 a.m.
Saturdays starting at 10:00 a.m.
This service is available to individuals making $60,000 per year or less.
Library staff are NOT tax experts. All questions are to go through the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.
Before visiting a VITA volunteer, see Publication 3676-B for a list of services provided and check out the IRS What to Bring page to ensure you have all the required documents and information the volunteers will need to help you.
Please bring the following items:
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards or an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents (Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN)
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- All 1095 Forms, Health Insurance Statements Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Direct deposit and/or banking information
- Proof of daycare expenses with provider name, address and ID number
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.