The Kansas City Public Library's Adult Winter Reading Program is making a seasonal move! In 2017 we are excited to combine our yearly adult and youth reading challenges into one great summer program, and we think you'll love what we have in store. But knowing that our patrons look forward to participating in Winter Reading, we still wanted to offer a fun activity to get our passionate readers through the cold winter months. Introducing... BOOK BINGO!
How It Works
Download a bingo card here, fill it out and turn it in at any Kansas City Public Library location.
- Read any five books between January 27 and March 31, 2017. We'd love it if you read five books that match the categories on the Book Bingo card, but we'll accept ANY five books!
- List the five books you've read on your bingo form here. Submit your completed bingo form, print your confirmation, and turn it in at any Kansas City Public Library location. A completed Book Bingo form earns you a FREE BOOK!
Ready? Let's play!
Tips & Resources
Need some Book Bingo inspiration? Here are a few ways to get some leads on great reads:
- Click on the tiles in the Book Bingo card here to find lists of suggested books available in our catalog that fit the bingo categories.
- Visit your favorite Library location and get in-person ideas from our librarians.
- Fill out a Personalized Reading Profile and get book recommendations from librarians tailored to your reading tastes.
- Follow our Readers Services experts in the Library's catalog for their bingo category reading suggestions. Library staff have “_KCMO” in their usernames. Follow ReadersServices_KCMO for some cool picks!
Share your book selections using the list feature on the Library's new online catalog! If you haven't given the service a test drive yet, try it out. Questions about the catalog? Contact your nearest Library location for help.
Join us for Book Lovers Bingo Night at the Plaza Branch on March 31, 2017 from 6–8 p.m.! All Book Bingo participants are welcome, and this party is not to be missed! RSVPs kindly requested—just click the "YES, I'm going!" box when you fill out your bingo form.