The following are responses to questions asked by vendors on May 19, 2014 and May 20, 2014 about the Library’s RFQ for Server Software:
1. Who is responsible for making the purchase of this software? ANSWER: The Library’s purchasing and information technology staff will review the bids received for the server software listed in the RFQ and make a purchasing recommendation to the Library’s Chief Executive and Board of Trustees.
2. Does the Library have a budget in place for this purchase? ANSWER: No; the Library is seeking bids to determine if funds are available to purchase the server software.
3. How many end users does the Library have? ANSWER: The Library has 250 end users.
4. Is the Library building a new environment right now? ANSWER: The Library is not building a new environment.
5. Which of the following four types of support would the Library like quoted with the licenses?:
• 1 year of production support (24x7)
• 3 years of production support (24x7)
• 1 year of basic support (12x5 M-F)
• 3 years of basic support (12x5 M-F)
ANSWER: The Library would like price quotes for each of these four types of support, with a description of what each type of support covers.