Fringe Festival Preview Event
All Library locations will be closed on Saturday, July 4 in observance of Independence Day.
Established in 2005, the Kansas City Fringe Festival has grown into an 11-day celebration of theater, visual arts, film, dance, and music. This year’s edition runs from Thursday, July 17, through Sunday, July 27, 2014, at 13 venues around the city.
You can get an advance look at what’s in store for Festival audiences at the Fringe Festival Preview event.
This year’s special preview, hosted by the Kansas City Public Library, features some of the Festival’s hottest acts:
- Mighty Mo Combo, an all volunteer community band, presents its refreshingly diverse blend of jazz tunes.
- Green Fish/Green Fish, the result of Fishtank’s Spring Playwriting Seminar, takes place in a hospital near Disneyland and explores the themes of pregnancy.
- Right Between the Ears, four-time winner of the Gold Medal as Best Comedy Show at the New York Festivals, spoofs politics, TV, movies, sports figures, and the rich and famous.
- Brother John, a 2013 Best of the Fest winner, delivers a one-man show of intriguing storytelling full of classic tunes by and little known facts about Sam Cooke.
- Poetic Underground presents some of Kansas City’s top spoken word and poetry performers.
- Dwell showcases the choreography of Erin Muenks and Halley Willcox.