Connecting to Wi-Fi
All Library locations have free Wi-Fi available for our patrons. On your device, open the list of available Wi-Fi connections and choose "library".
The Kansas City Public Library is dedicated to making digital equity available to our patrons by providing internet access computers at each of our locations, and by offering a variety of trainings for those who wish to learn more about using technology in their everyday lives.
Computers for Public Use
All Library Locations have internet-connected computers available for public use. Access to these computers requires a valid Library Card number and PIN. Computers are available for one (1) hour at a time on a first-come, first-served basis. Total allowed daily computer usage varies by Location.
- Color laser printers are available at all Library locations.
- Black & White: $0.10/page
- Color: $0.40/page
- Print results of Library catalog searches for free.
- Add money to your online printing account here.
- Wireless printing is available at all Library locations for Windows laptops and Windows devices running the latest operating system. Click here for instructions.
Ways to Learn
Get one-on-one help with your resume, online applications, email, personal device and so much more. Make a 1-hour appointment for full, undivided attention from library staff or a volunteer Tech Coach, or stop by a drop-in session to get help on a first-come, first-served basis. Available at select branches.
- Appointments: Call 816.701.3434
- Drop-in: anytime during regular Library hours.
- Appointments: Call 816.701.3485
- Drop-in: Mondays, 10:00-11:30 a.m. and Fridays (hablamos español) 2:30-4:30 p.m.
- Appointments: Call 816.701.3484
- Drop-in: Thursdays, 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- Appointments: Call 816.701.3486
- Drop-in: Thursdays, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Appointments: Call 816.701.3488
- Drop-in: Thursdays, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
Several branches offer 1-hour classes over a variety of computer topics. Choose a topic that interests you or visit with staff to design a custom learning plan to help you reach your goals.
Join a small study group to take an online course together, in person. Computers provided. Group meets once per week for 3-5 weeks to learn about a variety of computer topics. Upcoming opportunities:
For more great learning opportunities, check out our Online Learning page.
Video Conferencing Room
The H&R Block Business & Career Center at the Central Library offers a Video Conferencing Room. Use the Video Conferencing Room for:
- Video Interviews (for job seekers)
- Video Conferencing
- Video Chatting (particularly geared toward refugees, immigrants, and military families)
The Video Conferencing Room is set up for one person, with a dedicated computer, camera, and mic.
Please contact the H&R Block Business & Career Center staff at email@example.com or 816.701.3717 to schedule an appointment.