ONENORTH Technology Center
ONENORTH, the Kansas City Public Library’s learning and technology hub, provides an exciting new space for discovery, creativity, and personal enrichment. We seek to actively engage with individuals to:
- Meet your technology learning needs
- Enhance access to digital & collaboration tools
- Enrich access to digital information
- Support the Library's online services
Computers for Public Use
All Library Locations have internet-connected computers available for public use. Access to these computers requires a valid Library Card number and PIN. Computers are available for one (1) hour at a time on a first-come, first-served basis. Total allowed daily computer usage varies by Location.
Video Conferencing Room
The H&R Block Business & Career Center at the Central Library offers a Video Conferencing Room. Use the Video Conferencing Room for:
- Video Interviews (for job seekers)
- Video Conferencing
- Video Chatting (particularly geared toward refugees, immigrants, and military families)
The Video Conferencing Room is set up for one person, with a dedicated computer, camera, and mic.
Please contact the H&R Block Business & Career Center staff at email@example.com or 816.701.3717 to schedule an appointment.
High-Speed Wireless Internet
Experience free high-speed WiFi wireless Internet access at all locations of the Kansas City Public Library.
Please note: The Library WiFi network does require a password which changes periodically. Look for posted signs with the current password or ask at the front desk.
How to Connect:
- Set up your wireless card according to the manufacturer's instructions
- Turn on your laptop or mobile device
- Choose the network called "library"
- Enter the current WiFi password
- Open your web browser and start browsing.
Printing at the Library
All locations of the Kansas City Public Library offer laser printers.
Printing the results of Library catalog searches is free.
Otherwise, printing costs $0.10 per page.
Money can be added to your printing account online..
Wireless printing is currently available for Windows laptops at all Library locations. Click here for instructions »