The Kansas City Public Library wants you to Dig Into Reading this summer!
If you are a child (12 & under) or the parent of a child, register online at the Children's Summer Reading website or at your local library! Track your reading online or print a 2013 Children's Summer Reading Log (PDF) and turn it in at your library. For every three hours you read, you can win a prize. Read for 12 hours to complete the program and earn a book plus other prizes.
If you are a teen (ages 13-18) or the parent of a teen, please visit the Teen Summer Reading page to find out how to participate in the teen program, “Beneath the Surface.”
Children's Summer Reading Program
- Sign up for the Summer Reading program at your library and receive a reading log (or register and track your reading online).
- Use your reading log to track the time you spend reading.
- Visit your library to get a prize for every 3 hours that you read.
- Read for 12 hours to complete the program and earn a book and other prizes!
- Keep reading and earn Library Bucks all summer long!
Programs and activities
The Kansas City Public Library is full of many stories that will inspire you to dig in and explore. AND we have terrific events going on all summer! Check out what is happening at your favorite branch:
Teen Summer Reading
For Teen Summer Reading information, learn more here.