The Trails West Branch Library is located a few blocks off the Santa Fe Trail in Independence, within two miles of the Harry S. Truman historical district and world headquarters for the Community of Christ. This branch has numerous activities and programs for children and adults.
At this branch
- Computers: 13 for adults, 3 for business, 4 for teens, 4 for kids, 3 "express" (15-minute limit), & 7 laptops
- Wireless: All branches have free Wi-Fi wireless Internet access.
- Study Rooms:
2 rooms — accommodate 1 – 2 people
(2 hour limit; available on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Meeting Rooms: 2 rooms
Come join the fun as we play a variety of popular board games. We will be kicking things off in January with Pandemic. In the world of Pandemic, there are four different virus strains threatening to destroy life as we know it. The game starts with the players stationed at the CDC headquarters in Atlanta with nine of the major cities across the globe already having disease outbreaks. Players must move around the board and use their actions to cure these disease hotspots. This program is free and open to adults. No registration is required.
This service is available to individuals making $54,000 per year or less. Help is available on a walk-in basis only, and time slots fill up quickly.
Library staff are NOT tax experts. All questions are to go through the tax service preparers at the KC VITA office at 816.482.5850
Please bring the following items:
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards or an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents (Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN)
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- All 1095 Forms, Health Insurance Statements Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Direct deposit and/or banking information
- Proof of daycare expenses with provider name, address and ID number
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
Bring your little ones for a storytime with music and great books, followed by a fun activity for all to enjoy.
Don't worry about the weather. Come walk a mile in the comfort of air conditioning. Participants will follow Leslie Sansone DVD's to start their weight loss journey with a gentle paced 1 mile beginner walk program. Participants will increase their heart rate with low impact moves.
Get fit fast with America s #1 walking system! Leslie Sansone's 2 Mile Brisk Walk-30 Minutes
This is an extension of the Walk On 1 class. Participants will follow Leslie's DVD in a 2 mile walking workout that builds strength, endurance and flexibility, while boosting energy levels and super-charging your upper and lower body. This class is free and open to the public.