Located in the heart of the commercial and residential neighborhood for which it is named, Waldo Branch Library is one of the busiest branches in the system. It serves as a community center for the area as well as a meeting place for various community organizations and neighborhood associations.
Featured Activity at This Branch
At this branch
- Computers: 17 for adults, 4 for teens, 4 for kids, 3 "express" (15-minute limit)
- Wireless: All branches have free Wi-Fi wireless Internet access
- Study Rooms:
2 rooms — accommodate 1 – 2 people
(2 hour limit; available on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Meeting Rooms: 2 rooms
Appointments can be made through AARP volunteers at the Waldo Branch on a walk-in basis only.
Mondays and Thursdays 9am-1pm
*Library is closed President's Day, Feburary 19
Library staff are NOT tax experts. All questions are to go through the tax service preparers at the KC AARP office at 866.389.5627
Please bring the following items:
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards or an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents (Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN)
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- All 1095 Forms, Health Insurance Statements Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Direct deposit and/or banking information
- Proof of daycare expenses with provider name, address and ID number
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
Come join the Kansas City Public Schools Parents as Teachers program for a time of interaction with your child and connection to other parents and caregivers from the community. There will be opportunities for play that support where your child is developmentally as well as chances for interaction and friendship with other parents of young children. Parents as Teachers believes you are your child's first and most important teacher, so come ready to learn and play.
Children ages 2-5 will enjoy stories, songs, and crafts.
The Reading Education Assistance Dogs (R.E.A.D.) literacy program uses therapy animals to improve children's reading and education skills. Join the R.E.A.D. team at the Waldo Branch on the second Saturday each month between September 2017 and April 2018 (excluding December and January) as children read the pooches some prose. Children may sign up for a 10-minute slot each Saturday. Parents must sign a release form before children will be allowed to read with a dog.
We provide stories and activities for children 12-24 months of age.
Explore the world of modern Tabletop Gaming! It's not just Monopoly anymore! The games are bigger, better and weirder! Come for fun, to meet new people and to face challenges that will test your problem solving and teamwork skills. Open 6th-12th graders. Games include Ticket to Ride, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Forbidden Island, Love Letter, Mysterium, King of Tokyo, and more!
Get help on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1-3 p.m. at Waldo Branch.
We're here to help with whatever technology questions you have--from building a resume to building a website!
Drop-in, no appointment necessary.
We have computers or bring your own device.
Can't make it to the drop in sessions? Appointments and more information available.
Teens! Join us every Friday afternoon for video games on the Xbox One and Wii! Games include Rocket League, Mine Craft, Call of Duty: Black Ops III, Naruto Ultimate Storm 4, Halo, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Madden, NBA 2K, FIFA, and more! Open to 7th through 12th graders.
Join us as we build and create with Lego bricks. Work toward a construction goal on your own or with a group. Appropriate for ages 5-12. Duplo blocks will be available for younger kids.
Come with your yoga mat and spend an hour relaxing with the meditative benefits of yoga. For everyone from beginners to experienced.