Please view the update here or visit kclibrary.org/covid for current information.
The Library is entering another chapter in the resumption of many of our important community services and programs. Beginning Monday, March 7, 2022, we are carefully reintroducing in-person events and activities inside our buildings, restoring meeting and study room capacities to usual levels, and relaxing several other policies.
Many of our safety procedures remain – masks are still required in the Library, for instance – and our guests can expect a few other things to be a little different than they were prior to 2020, such as required registration or check-in at some public events. But we’re looking forward to once again welcoming you into our spaces to attend book groups, family activities, speaking programs, and other experiences that engage, entertain, and inspire.
We’ll continue to regularly revisit and change our current policies based on conditions and guidelines locally and nationally. The COVID-19 pandemic remains with us and requires all of us to continue our individual and collective steps to protect the health and safety of our community. Thank you for your ongoing support of the Library as we strive to provide all our patrons with safe and memorable experiences.
For ongoing updates and information, visit kclibrary.org/covid.
- Masks remain required for patrons and staff in all Library spaces. We continue to provide masks at our entrances for those who may not have one.
- We are excited to once again welcome you inside our buildings for in-person Library programs. For continued safety, masks are required, and some events will have capacity limits and required registration. Some classes, book groups, and other activities may remain online; select in-person programs also may be livestreamed. Check the individual pages at kclibrary.org/calendar for specific event details.
- Study areas and meeting rooms reopened in a limited form in November 2021; we have now rolled back some of the earlier restrictions, and capacity has returned to usual levels based on the type of space. Learn more and reserve online at kclibrary.org/spaces, or a staff member at a customer service desk can assist you.
- Special event spaces are once again available for public booking and rental. The Library is resuming its availability for private events such as workshops, all-day meetings, receptions, weddings, and other events. Additional details are at kclibrary.org/spaces.
- Food and drink rules are being relaxed. Patrons may have drinks with lids and small snacks in designated areas. Masks may only be pulled down momentarily to take a sip or bite; they must remain on at all other times inside the Library.
- Location Hours: Regular open hours are in effect at all Library locations. Please be aware that temporary location closures or changes in hours may occur due to staffing shortages. We encourage you to regularly check our website or contact us if you have questions before your visit.
- Many other steps to protect public health remain in place, such as readily available hand sanitizer, plexiglass shields in service areas, and regular cleaning of high-touch areas.
- Feeling sick? Please don’t visit for now to help keep everyone healthy. We’ll see you once you’re well!