|Item Type||Loan Period||Checkout Limit||Renewal|
|Books, Audiobooks, Large Print Books||21 days||Up to 75||3 times|
|Print New & Notable Collections||14 days||Up to 75||No renewals|
|Digital New & Notable Collection||14 Days||5||No renewals|
|DVDs||7 days||10||No renewals|
|Music CDs||21 days||30||3 times|
|Magazines||21 days||Up to 75||3 times|
|Graphic Novels||21 days||Up to 75||3 times|
(ebooks, digital audiobooks)
|21 days||20 items||Unlimited|
|hoopla digital: ebooks, digital audiobooks, ecomics||21 days||9 items per month||Unlimited|
|hoopla digital: movies & TV||3 days||9 items per month||Unlimited|
|hoopla digital: music||7 days||9 items per month||Unlimited|
|Kanopy Streaming||3 days||12 items per month||Unlimited|
Kansas City Public Library materials may be renewed up to three (3) times except when there are other customer requests for the material or when the material is owned by another library system.
* DVD checkouts and New & Notable items may not be renewed.
You'll be notified by email when the item is ready to pick up. The pick up date also displays in your catalog account for all available holds. Telephone and postal mail notifications are not available. You have 10 days to pick up an item once it becomes available.
Holds are placed on a dedicated shelf at each location. Each item is marked with your initials and the last four (4) digits of your library card number. Held items are alphabetized according to the first letter on the sticker.
If you need to change the pickup location, call us at 816.701.3449 and we can change the location for you. If your hold is available but you no longer need it, please call us to cancel the hold.
* Note: holds cannot be placed on New & Notable items.
Materials are considered overdue if not returned or renewed by the due date. Fines are charged on all items for each day overdue. Customers may continue to check out materials until fines total $30.01.
|Material||Fine||Maximum Fine per Item|
|DVDs||$1 per day||$3|
|All other Library materials||10 cents per day||$2|
- At 21 days, overdue materials are assumed lost and the replacement cost is billed to your account. If the assumed lost materials are returned, the replacement cost will be removed from the account.
- At 42 Days, accounts with assumed lost materials and $50.00 or more in fines/fees are sent to a collections agency in an attempt to recover lost materials. A $10.00 collection agency fee will be placed on the account.
- If assumed lost materials sent to collections are returned, the replacement cost will be removed from the account, but the $10.00 collections agency fee and the overdue fines will remain. The account will remain blocked until the fines and fees balance is zero.