The Kansas City Public Library is committed to connecting our community to information resources.
The IRS has created a website with relevant coronavirus information. They will keep the website updated, including how high-deductible health plans can cover coronavirus costs.
Forms and Local Resources:
Paper forms for federal taxes are no longer available at offices and will not be mailed out. Forms can be printed by clicking the link below.
IRS in Kansas City in Union Station
30 West Pershing Rd. Suite 600, KCMO 64108
Mon through Fri: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Make an appointment: 844.545.5640
Missouri State forms:
Paper forms for Missouri State taxes are no longer available at offices and will not be mailed out. Forms can be printed by clicking the link below.
State Office Building
615 E. 13th St., KCMO 64105
Mon through Fri: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Kansas State forms:
Rosana Shopping Center, Tax Customer Relations (appointment only)
7600 W. 119th Street, Suite A
Overland Park, KS 66213
Mon and Wed: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
call 913.942.3150 or email KDOR_OPAppointments@ks.gov
Kansas City Tax forms:
Limited amounts of Kansas City tax forms are available at the location below.
City Hall - Revenue Division - 2nd Floor
414 E. 12th St.
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Free Tax Preparation
Note: Library staff are NOT tax experts. All questions are to go through the tax service preparers. Call 2-1-1 for assistance.
AARP Tax-Aide At the Library
AARP Tax-Aide plans to offer in-person tax assistance at our Waldo location starting in February 2021.
Free tax preparation of federal and state returns to low-/moderate-income working families in the Kansas City metro area.
Info for the new tax season forthcoming
DO-IT-YOURSELF TAX HELP
E-file your taxes for free using TaxSlayer.com. Users will be asked to create an account when they use this free service.
What to bring to your tax help appointment
- A current email address (with the correct password)
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards or an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents (Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN)
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- All 1095 Forms, Health Insurance Statements
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Direct deposit and/or banking information
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Proof of daycare expenses with provider name, address and ID number
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
HELP WITH TAX ISSUES
IRS Interactive Tax Assistant
Popular Topics in the Interactive Tax Assistant:
Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic
Free legal resources are available to help low-income families with tax-related problems from prior years. To qualify, income needs to be below $31,225 for individuals or under $64,375 for a family of four.
Other Free Tax Services
Internal Revenue Service
Find free services to Free File through the IRS.
For the latest news from the IRS on recent changes this tax season such as the annual inflation adjustment, check the New Events section.
Provides easy, free tax help for households with an adjusted gross income of $66,000/year or less, brought to you by United Way and powered by H&R Block's safe and secure software.
Affordable Care Act Tax Questions
Tools are available for individuals who have questions about their tax filing responsibilities under the Affordable Care Act.