As the COVID-19 crisis continues to evolve, the Library is weighing a careful return to serving you and our community in a wider capacity.
Our physical locations are beginning to stir to life with limited pickups of holds, and our goal is to gradually reintroduce other vital services as state and local health guidelines, including Kansas City’s 10/10/10 rule, allow. Be assured that the health and safety of patrons and staff remain our top priority.
That means moving slowly and cautiously. As they return, please understand that many of our operations and services may initially be limited or take on new and different forms. We’ll continue posting updates on this page.
Thank you for your patience.
In the meantime, please continue to enjoy the Library’s broad array of digital services and lineup of online activities. If you have questions or need assistance, reach out to us via email, live chat, or phone.
STATUS of Library Services
As of May 13, 2020
- Pop In / Pick Up contact-free holds service (currently at limited locations)
- Digital Branch (eBooks, digital audiobooks, music, video, online learning)
- Online events and activities
- Wireless internet outside Library buildings
- Full access to Library buildings
- Public computers
- Browsing physical collections
- Meeting rooms
- In-person activities and public programs
- Most Outreach services
- Interlibrary Loans