The Central Library serves as the major resource library for the system. It houses the major library departments, including: Customer Service, Central Reference, Special Collections, Youth Services, Document Delivery, Collection Maintenance, Library Outreach, and all of the Administrative departments.
At this location
- Central Youth Services
- Missouri Valley Room and Special Collections
- H&R Block Business & Career Center
- Central Audio / Visual Desk
- ONENORTH Technology Center
- Video Conferencing Room
- Nine Muses Library Coffee Shop
- Computers: 48 for adults.
H&R Block Business & Career Center: 8 desktops.
- Wireless: All locations have free Wi-Fi wireless Internet access.
- Study Rooms:
2 rooms — accommodate 1 – 2 people
1 room — accommodates 4 – 6 people
1 room — for videoconferences, 1-2 people
(4 hour limit Monday - Saturday, 1 hour limit Sunday; first-come, first-served.)
- Meeting Rooms: 4 rooms
- Special Event Spaces: 6 spaces
- Accessible Entrance: Located on 10th Street, east of the main entrance
Visit our Central Library Space Rental page for more information about available spaces.
The Central Library parking garage is located directly west of the Central Library building on the northwest corner of 10th & Baltimore. The Community Bookshelf is a striking feature of the south wall of the Central Library's parking garage. It is open 7 days a week.
The cost to park is as follows:
Learn more about the Central Library's unique archictecture.