The Southeast Branch Library is located across from Swope Park and the Kansas City Zoo. It has particularly strong collections in African-American literature, urban fiction, urban Christian fiction, children's folklore, and animals, as well as jazz, blues, and gospel music on compact disc.
At this branch
- Computers: 18 for adults (2 for business use), 4 for kids, 10 for teens, 1 "express" (15-minute limit).
- Wireless: All branches have free wireless Internet access.
- Study Rooms:
2 rooms — accommodate 1 – 2 people
(2 hour limit; available on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Meeting Rooms: 2 rooms
Nervous about your Naturalization Interview?
Get FREE help on Wednesdays from 4:30-6:30 p.m. at Southeast.
Drop-in, no appointment necessary.
Volunteers now available to help you practice:
• Speaking English (eligibility interview based on N-400 form)
• Reading English (correctly read one out of three Naturalization Test sentences)
• Writing English (correctly write one out of three Naturalization Test sentences)
• 100 Civics Questions (correctly answer six out of ten randomly chosen USCIS questions)
• And so much more!