The Southeast Branch Library is located across from Swope Park and the Kansas City Zoo. It has particularly strong collections in African-American literature, urban fiction, urban Christian fiction, children's folklore, and animals, as well as jazz, blues, and gospel music on compact disc.
Featured Activity at This Branch
At this branch
- Computers: 18 for adults (2 for business use), 4 for kids, 10 for teens, 1 "express" (15-minute limit).
- Wireless: All branches have free wireless Internet access.
- Study Rooms:
2 rooms — accommodate 1 – 2 people
(2 hour limit; available on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Meeting Rooms: 2 rooms
Nervous about your Naturalization Interview?
Get FREE help on Wednesdays from 4:30-6:30 p.m. at Southeast.
Drop-in, no appointment necessary.
Volunteers now available to help you practice:
• Speaking English (eligibility interview based on N-400 form)
• Reading English (correctly read one out of three Naturalization Test sentences)
• Writing English (correctly write one out of three Naturalization Test sentences)
• 100 Civics Questions (correctly answer six out of ten randomly chosen USCIS questions)
• And so much more!
KCDML is a hands-on learning environment that uses storytelling, robotics, digital media production, and other maker activities to engage Kansas City youth.
KCDML is now open!
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 2:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
Saturday 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Come to one of our mini workshops every Tuesday and Thursday 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. to learn more about the space!
Check the KCDML.org website for more information on activities in the Digital Media Lab.
Get help on Wednesdays from 3:30-5:30 pm at the Southeast Branch. We're here to help with whatever technology questions you have--from building a resume to building a website!
Drop-in, no appointment necessary. We have computers or bring your own device.
Can't make it to the drop in session? Appointments and more information available.
TeenCafe provides free, nutritious meals for any child ages 1 to 18 at after-school at the Southeast Kansas City Public Library.