New York Times
Access New York Times Download the App
You can enjoy FREE access to NYTimes.com for 72 hours courtesy of the Kansas City Public Library.
- Access from any Library location, from your home, or from other sites.
- No cost. No limit on the number of articles you can click and read.
- Read the latest news on your phone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer.
- Works with existing NYTimes.com accounts and new registrations.
We also offer free 24-hour passes to New York Times Cooking, The Athletic, and New York Times Games.
NOTE: You must have a Kansas City Public Library card and a registered username in the catalog in order to use this service. Don’t yet have a library card? Get one now
How to Register
- On this page, click Access New York Times Now. If you are not at a Library location, you will be redirected to the library catalog and asked to log in, after which you will be passed through to NYTimes.com.
- If you don't have a NYTimes.com account, click Create Account. If you are already registered, click the Log in here link below the button.
- Select “Other/Non-Academic” from the list of user types. Opt in or out of receiving updates and offers from The New York Times by checking or unchecking the box next to that notice.
- After registering, you will see a note indicating when your 72-hour pass will expire. You have the option of requesting a calendar reminder notice from NYTimes.com.
- You can now access NYTimes.com for the next 72 hours without a paywall or an article reading limit.
Renewing your 72-hour pass
Seventy-two hours following your registration, your temporary access pass expires. There is no renewal limit, but this step must be repeated each time the pass expires.
Library card required from home