New York Times
You can enjoy FREE access to NYTimes.com for 72 hours courtesy of the Kansas City Public Library.
- Access from any Library location, from your home, or from other sites.
- No cost. No limit on the number of articles you can click and read.
- Read the latest news on your phone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer.
- Works with existing NYTimes.com accounts and new registrations.
NOTE: You must have a Kansas City Public Library card and a registered username in the catalog in order to use this service. Don’t yet have a library card? Get one now
How to Register
- On this page, click Access New York Times Now. If you are not at a Library location, you will be redirected to teh library catalog and asked to log in. , after which you will be passed through to NYTimes.com.
- If you don't have a NYTimes.com account, click Create Account. If you are already registered, click the Log in here link below the button.
- Select “Other/Non-Academic” from the list of user types. Opt in or out of receiving updates and offers from The New York Times by checking or unchecking the box next to that notice.
- After registering, you will see a note indicating when your 72-hour pass will expire. You have the option of requesting a calendar reminder notice from NYTimes.com.
- You can now access NYTimes.com for the next 72 hours without a paywall or an article reading limit.
Renewing your 72-hour pass
Seventy-two hours following your registration, your temporary access pass expires. There is no renewal limit, but this step must be repeated each time the pass expires.