GO WHERE YOU’RE NEEDED: The Library VISTA Project
Benefits of AmeriCorps VISTA
- Living Allowance – A modest bi-weekly living allowance of $479.08 to cover basic expenses.
- End of Service Award – Choose between a Segal Education Award of $6,195 to pay for a range of education experiences or a cash stipend of $1,800.
- Healthcare Benefit – Choose between reimbursement for healthcare of a healthcare plan. Dental and vision are also included.
- VISTA members who maintain health insurance during their service term may enroll in the AmeriCorps VISTA Healthcare Allowance that will reimburse out-of-pocket costs associated with healthcare (i.e. annual deductible, coinsurance, copayments and other qualified medical expenses) up to $7350 in 2018.
- VISTA members who are legally exempt from needing to maintain qualifying healthcare coverage during their term of service are eligible to enroll in the AmeriCorps VISTA Health Benefit Plan. Available to eligible VISTA members at no cost, the Health Benefits Plan covers eligible expenses for medical office visits, most lab and x-ray services, limited preventive care, limited dental and vision, medical emergencies, surgical and hospitalization expenses, and certain prescription drug costs. It does not cover pre-existing conditions.
For more information about the VISTA Healthcare Benefits options, contact the National Service Hotline- VISTA Member Support Unit 800-942-2677.
- Professional Development Training - Attend in-person and virtual professional development opportunities throughout the year.
- Child Care Assistance – You may be eligible if you have children under the age of 13.
- Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE) – NCE is a unique hiring path with makes it easier for federal agencies to hire you.
- Click here for more information about AmeriCorps VISTA benefits.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Pass a national service criminal history check.
- Hold one of the following citizenship statuses: US citizen, US national, Lawful Permanent Resident Aliens and person residing in a state that have the following legal residency classifications: refugee, asylum or asylee, temporary protected status, or deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA) status.
Apply to be an AmeriCorps VISTA
- Create a profile on my.americorps.gov.
- Search for AmeriCorps VISTA opportunities. (You’ll find links to current Library VISTA Project opportunities on the right side of this page).
- Submit application for VISTA opportunities you’re interested in.
Click here to walk through the steps you’ll need to follow to complete and submit your application.
Questions about the Library VISTA Project? Send us an email.