Our Small Business Engagement Specialist is here to help small businesses and entrepreneurs get connected to the resources and partners they need. We have books and electronic resources that will help you write a business plan, enhance your marketing, develop your staff, and network with local agencies and organizations that support entrepreneurship. Schedule a one on one appointment or visit us on the 3rd floor of the Central Branch.
- Start the smart way: Write a business plan
- Get legal: Licensing and registering your new business
- Running a business now? Take it to the next level!
KC SourceLink: Network and grow your business
The single best agency for entrepreneurs in Kansas City is KC SourceLink. KC SourceLink supports a network of more than 200 nonprofit resource organizations that provide services for small businesses. KC SourceLink links these organizations to one another and to new and established small businesses in Kansas City.
SourceLink’s Resource Navigator is a great tool to connect with a organization that will meet your current business needs. The Resource Navigator organizes hundreds of agencies into key topics, such as business planning, financing, marketing, training, and research.
Kauffman Foundation programs and services
The Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation has supported entrepreneurship in Kansas City with programs and services for decades. Here are a few of their leading programs.
- 1 Million Cups - Kauffman Foundation's weekly sponsored networking event
- Kauffman Founders School - The Kauffman Foundation's free online entrepreneur education program
- Entrepreneurship.org – Best practices in entrepreneurial leadership
- FastTrac - Entrepreneur learning programs and materials
Other agencies and services for entrepreneurs
In addition to KC SourceLink and the Kauffman Foundation, Kansas City is lucky to have dozens of other agencies that offer services for entrepreneurs, many of which are free. There are organizations that offer
- Free walk-in business advising
- Free assistance working with City government
- Coworking, office, and/or incubator services
- Educational opportunities
- Networking opportunities, including chambers of commerce
- Funding opportunities
For additional information, contact an H&R Block Business & Career Center librarian by phone, 816.701.3717, or by e-mail.