The Kansas City Public Library is committed to connecting Kansas Citians with resources and information related to voting, tax services, legal issues, and exchanges with elected officials.
What does civic engagement mean to you?
FindLaw has a resource that pulls together information that could help you be part of the solutions for issues affecting your community, highlighting that a healthy democracy requires active participation.
There are all sorts of ways to be a part of those solutions:
- Register to vote and be an informed voter.
- Be a part of history! Share your suggestions for who and what should be a part of the Brush Creek Cultural Heritage Trail. You can share your nominations of 14 important themes of the American Civil Rights Movement and Black experience in Kansas City. These themes will be illustrated along the trail through the use of public art installations, historic speeches, photographs, and more. The deadline is March 31, 2023.
- Attend city hall meetings
- Whether you’re looking locally or nationally, you can find non-profit organizations that match your areas of interest by searching GuideStar with keywords.
- Stay updated on the Kansas City Spirit Playbook surveys that will impact Kansas City for the next 20 years and so much more.
Connect with us: